Kiss continues to ‘rock all night, party everyday’
Fairborn heading back to school
Thousands expected to move in on WSU’s campus
IHN House of Hope calls on community
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 3:57 pm
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:45 am
- Drivers to be detoured throughout next week - 8:44 am
- Citizens enjoy community tradition - 8:44 am
- Clark State honors local adjunct faculty - 8:43 am
- Hospitals offer a variety of health workshops - 8:43 am updated: 8:43 am.
- CROP Walk raises funds to fight hunger - 1:14 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 11:07 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 11:07 am
- STEM facility to be built near WSU Lake Campus - 10:55 am
- Fairborn to get corny - 8:33 am
- Drive Sober campaign kicks off - 8:31 am updated: 8:34 am.
- Slow down: Back to school means sharing the road - 8:47 am
- Fairborn student wins first place in Discover Parenting Photo Exhibit - 8:47 am
- Local school supply lists now available - 8:47 am
- Four women to be inducted - 8:47 am
- American Legion Hall now open for lunch - 8:46 am
- Officer resigns after an individual is assaulted - 8:46 am
- Disc golf course opens in Beavercreek - 11:07 am
- Area Digest - 11:07 am updated: 12:06 pm.
- Some IDs invalid at WPAFB next month - 11:07 am
- Drivers to be detoured throughout next week - 11:07 am updated: 8:47 am.
- WSU welcomes foodbank’s distrubution pick up for county - 11:07 am
- Wright State Physicians Surgery welcomes new doctors - 11:07 am
- Centerville, Sugarcreek reach tentative agreement - 3:31 pm
- Sugarcreek trustee resigns from county position - 2:36 pm
- Young artists spend week at GCP&T’s Russ Nature Reserve capturing nature’s beauty - 8:24 am
- STEM facility to be built near WSU Lake Campus - 8:23 am
- Upcoming road repairs to impact northbound traffic - 8:23 am
- Wright State alum uses guitars, volunteerism to ease Vietnam War pain - 8:23 am
- Newman Jr., to lead county development department - 5:35 pm
- 3 road construction projects scheduled throughout Fairborn starting Aug. 12 - 3:25 pm updated: 3:28 pm.
- Community members support police - 9:03 am
- Railroad undergoing regular maintenance - 9:03 am
- Four women to be inducted - 9:00 am
- WSU to host conference on economic Inequality - 8:57 am
- A.C. Strings, Fairborn Civic Band to perform - 8:57 am
- WPAFB to recognize Women’s Equality Day - 8:57 am
- Top notch goat showmen - 8:57 am
- Recipes wanted for Salt magazine - 8:57 am
- YSAC hosting annual Art House-Hop - 8:57 am
- Area Digest - 12:06 pm
- Help with utilities available - 9:03 am
- Searching for the mascot - 9:03 am
- Council approves additional funding for Greene Leaf program - 9:03 am
- Village seeking local blood donors - 9:03 am
- WPAFB teaches students steps to take against bullying - 9:02 am
- Boonshoft to offer session focusing on concussions - 9:01 am updated: 9:03 am.
- Community Action Partnership holding clothes giveaway - 9:01 am
- Beavercreek Police Reports - 11:18 am
STEM facility to be built near WSU Lake Campus
Greene County NewsCELINA — A $25 million facility that will provide cutting-edge science, technology, engineering and mathematics-focused progra...
Fairborn to get corny
By Whitney Vickerswvickers@civitasmedia.comFAIRBORN — The smell of steaming golden nuggets on a cob will fill the air as the 35th Annual Sweet C...
Drive Sober campaign kicks off
Greene County NewsXENIA — As summer winds down, Greene County law enforcement agencies are ramping up enforcement efforts as part of a national ...
Slow down: Back to school means sharing the road
Greene County NewsXENIA — Greene County schools will be back in session this week and the Greene County Safe Communities Coalition reminds resid...
Fairborn student wins first place in Discover Parenting Photo Exhibit
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — Hannah Jefferis, a Fairborn Digital Academy student and GRADS participant, won first place in the Discover Parentin...
Local school supply lists now available
Greene County NewsGREENE COUNTY — Parents from local schools have a new tool in their back-to-school bag of tricks this year, as all of their sc...
Bulldogs win quad match
Greene County News ReportENON — The Yellow Springs girls volleyball team opened its season with a quad match at Greenon.Yellow Springs beat Ceda...
Old-time drag racing fun!
The eighth annual Gathering of the Geezers drag races and swap meet was held Saturday at Kil-Kare Dragway. Drag racing cars from 1983 and older were o...
Fairborn dedicates new archway
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comFAIRBORN — The days of smacking an old splintered piece of wood before heading out onto the practice f...
Local Sports Digest
GREENE COUNTY SPORTS SCORESHigh SchoolCedarville golf resultsCEDARVILLE — Cedarville boy’s golf team beat North Lewisburg Triad last week,...
Kerber wastes shot at No. 1, Murray’s long streak ends, too
By Joe KayAP Sports WriterMASON — The final step up to No. 1 was simply too big for Angelique Kerber — this time, anyway.The world’s...
Will Power wins IndyCar race at Pocono; closes points gap
By John KekisAP Sports WriterLONG POND, Pa. — Will Power can’t seem to do any wrong, which means IndyCar has another serious points race l...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ledbetters celebrate 60 years
XENIA — Joseph E. and Donna L. Ledbetter of Xenia married on Aug. 30, 1956. They will be celebrating their 60th anniversary.Joseph Ledbetter is ...
A 41-year-old California high school teacher left his wife and children to live with his 18-year-old student. Similar despicable acts have occurred wa...
How can I use my faith to learn how to forgive?
By Voices of FaithThe Rev. Bob Hill, pastor emeritus, Community Christian Church: All who ask this question and earnestly seek answers to it are alrea...
Off we go… into the wild blue yonder
By Mel GrossmanMy grandchildren think I was with Orville and Wilbur Wright at Kitty Hawk, or at least worked in their bicycle shop back home in Dayton...
Greene County marriages
Greene County NewsJune 29Donald L. Banks II of Xenia and Shannon Y. Coots of Xenia applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Will...
You’re missing true beauty and grace when you focus on athletes’ hair
By Elizabeth WellingtonWhen I was a little girl, I loved to run fast and splash big. But these quintessential kid activities were frowned upon. That...
Is solar energy really too expensive?
Utilities are lobbying against the expansion of rooftop solar, and that’s no good for anyone.In order for solar power to compete with other form...
Keep your kids drug-free this summer: Start talking
By Sarah SmithSummer break is upon us, and for tweens and teens this means no homework, plenty of free time and less supervision. While a majority of ...
No loitering allowed?
I pulled into the parking lot of one of those so-called discount department stores the other day and the first thing I saw was a huge sign that warned...
What does Congress need? Your Attention!
Now that the conventions are over, I know that all eyes are on the fall presidential campaign. But I’m going to ask you to shift your focus a bi...
Trump buddies up to Putin
Imagine what Republicans would say if a Democrat had invited the Russian president to interfere in a U.S. election.Please, people — stop denigra...