- Therapy dogs offer comfort - 10:33 am updated: 10:41 am.
- Former Bellbrook doctor sentenced in pill mill case - 4:24 pm
- Fairborn police charge alleged air conditioner bandit - 4:08 pm updated: 4:28 pm.
- FPD welcomes Rentz as new officer - 3:33 pm
- Firefighters battle flames on vacant home - 3:32 pm
- Boil water advisory canceled - 2:36 pm
- Boonshoft professor receives award - 11:50 am
- Boonshoft researchers study use of marijuana edibles - 11:49 am
- Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water - 11:44 am
- Museum fourth building to open - 4:34 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 2:41 pm
- Arrest made for Greenon threat - 4:38 pm
- SeniorPalooza set for Tuesday - 3:19 pm
- CASA volunteers sworn in - 2:36 pm
- Freezing/canning workshop scheduled - 2:35 pm
- Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU - 2:35 pm
- Two join Enon PD - 2:31 pm
- Museum offering weekly tours - 4:31 pm
- OVI checkpoints set for Thursday - 10:41 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Seven inducted into Fairborn Hall of Honor - 6:19 pm
- Airport closed for improvements - 1:22 pm
- WSU forms presidential search committee - 12:06 pm
- DeWine announces settlement for blind vendor at WPAFB - 12:00 pm
- More housing coming to Fairborn - 5:07 pm
- Women report being touched along bike path in Beavercreek - 1:57 pm updated: 1:58 pm.
- Fairborn police reports - 8:31 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 12:00 pm
- Pedestrian killed crossing Colonel Glenn Highway - 4:36 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:38 am
- Fairborn chamber hosting annual awards banquet - 2:14 pm
- Fairborn up for two awards - 2:13 pm
- Presenters selected for Fairborn schools Hall of Honor event - 2:10 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 8:45 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:45 am
- CSU Chorus welcomes guest conductor - 8:08 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:06 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:06 am
- Area Digest - 12:06 pm
- Circus coming to Enon - 8:10 am
- BBB recognizes three ladies from WSU - 10:41 am updated: 11:09 am.
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:33 am
- WSU introduces nursing program for veterans - 4:56 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:26 am
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:26 am
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:23 am
- Area Digest - 8:23 am
- WPAFB honors Vietnam War veterans - 8:23 am
- Local non-profits awarded new grants - 8:23 am
- Abuse prevention run scheduled - 8:23 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:22 am
Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water
Greene County News ReportWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Wright-Patterson Air Force Base officials are responding to a requirement from the Oh...
Museum fourth building to open
Greene County NewsWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — National Museum of the U.S. Air Force visitors are invited to be a part of history during a ...
Fairborn Municipal Court
Fairborn Daily HeraldApril 14David J. Sohn, 321 Clover St., Dayton, guilty CCW, $315 fines, 180 days, 178 suspended. Good behavior for two years. Forf...
Arrest made for Greenon threat
Herald News ReportENON — The student who reported the threat at Greenon High School Thursday, May 12 is the same student who is being arrested f...
SeniorPalooza set for Tuesday
Greene County NewsXENIA — The Greene County Council on Aging will host its annual SeniorPalooza, “a fun festival for the 50 plus crowd,...
CASA volunteers sworn in
Submitted photoSeven new volunteers for the Greene County Juvenile Court’s Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program were recently sworn i...
Local Sports Briefs
HIGH SCHOOLFootballBottorff to be inducted into MVFCA HallXENIA — According to Xenia Schools Superintendent Denny Morrison, current Xenia High S...
San Jose Sharks heading to first Stanley Cup final
By Josh DubowAP Sports WriterSAN JOSE, Calif. — Two years after their most devastating playoff loss, the San Jose Sharks held their most meaning...
What to watch Friday at French Open: Murray vs Karlovic
By Samuel PetrequinAP Sports WriterPARIS — It’s hard to say who will be in better shape Friday when Andy Murray plays Ivo Karlovic in the ...
Carroll girls headed to Columbus
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comDAYTON — Carroll high jump coach Jeff Ross had been telling Patriots senior Julia Barbera that her min...
Tyson calls proposal to allow pros in Olympics ‘ridiculous’
The Associated PressBEIJING — A proposal to let professional fighters compete in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics is “ridiculous” and ...
Form and history against struggling Hamilton at Monaco GP
By Jerome PugmireAP Sports WriterMONACO — Lewis Hamilton heads into this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix with form and recent history against ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gloria serves up schoolhouse rhubarb dessert
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookToday, we as a church had an excellent time together at what we call our “annual school picnic.”For the last ...
Around the Home and Farm
By Jerry MahanIf ever there was a year to work on control of mosquitoes this is the time! With all of the potential diseases carried by these tiny ins...
Gloria attends an auction and serves up Trail Mix Bars
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookFirst, a friendly “hello” to our reader friends who read this column in the Ledger-Independent in Maysville, ...
Xenia Library announces May programs
Greene County NewsXENIA — Xenia Community Library is planning a variety of programs for all ages next month at the librar, 76 E. Market St. To r...
Caesar Creek Marina set to open
By Larry MooreMoore OutdoorsPhase 1 of one of the most talked about projects in southwest Ohio is coming to completion - the Caesar Creek marina. It c...
One of the earliest roads: Bullskin Trace
By Joan BaxterOne of the earliest roads which provided transportation through Greene County was what was known as the Bullskin Trace or Bullskin Trail...
America must renew its infrastructure or face decline
By Jesse JacksonAmerica is literally falling apart. In Flint, children were poisoned in the lead contamination of the water. In Washington, the subway...
Remembering Dr. S. C. Ellis
XENIA — Dr. S.C. Ellis was a founding partner of Medical Service Associates, one of the first group medical practices in the United States. He w...
Detach and de-stress from politics
By Gery DeerDeer in HeadlinesA July 2014 article in The Washington Post included a headline that read, “Politicians are the No. 1 cause of stres...
Trump needs money fast; isn’t that an odd turn?
By Andrew MalcolmIn a strange election cycle of unexpected, unpredictable, often inexplicable events, here’s the latest topper: The richest pres...