Study to examine novel viruses via bed bugs
Prep essential to Greene County Fair
City to begin another round of demolitions
Base exercises to begin Monday
- MVRC helping with costs for back to school expenses - 10:29 am
- Aero Carnival to explore history of flight - 10:28 am
- Fairborn police reports - 10:25 am
- Services scheduled for Lambros - 10:25 am
- Supporting breastfeeding mothers in August - 8:10 am
- Local American Legion Auxiliary brings home awards - 9:00 am
- Camp teaches children about 1800s living - 9:00 am
- WSU grad part of NASA simulation - 9:00 am
- Rosie the Bus coming to Beavercreek - 9:00 am
- One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility - 2:19 pm
- Court interpreters a part of due process - 12:11 pm
- Police investigating Fairborn homicide - 10:02 am
- Voting open in Greene County Archives contest - 12:29 pm
- New WU president ready to work - 10:32 am
- WSU pulls out of debate - 2:25 pm
- U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding - 11:20 am
- Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics - 11:13 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Online radio station has local appeal - 9:32 am
- Routt promoted to fire lieutenant - 5:31 pm
- Deputies asking for help in identifying human remains - 5:12 pm
- Xenia man guilty of false tax claims - 2:42 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- CPD announces debate details - 12:23 pm
- Community provides mixed input on Greene County Land Bank - 4:59 pm
- Beavercreek officers granted third lawsuit delay - 11:02 am
- SpringsFest to start new tradition in YS - 12:48 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:56 am
- The tradition continues - 8:22 am
- Campers build knowledge at Minecraft Camp - 8:22 am
- Summer writing workshop offering A La Cart options - 8:21 am
- Antioch College Village launches pilot - 8:21 am
- Fairborn celebrates Fourth of July - 8:30 am
- Fourth-‘born’ - 8:29 am
- Mall salutes the armed forces - 9:56 am
- Volunteers bring Fourth of July celebrations to life - 10:00 am
- Public Health calling for essays, art - 8:06 am
- Kennedy receives additional sentence - 8:06 am
- Kids learn about outdoor survival - 8:05 am
- Band of Flight selects songwriting winner - 8:05 am
- Fairborn to celebrate Independence Day - 3:50 pm
- Area Digest - 8:24 am
- Several communities to recognize Independence Day - 8:24 am
- Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band to perform - 8:24 am
- Free cooking classes offered - 8:24 am
- NextGen Federal Systems opens Beavercreek office - 6:30 pm
- Fake ID creator sentenced to prison time - 6:18 pm
- Fairborn Area Historical Society hosts walking tour - 1:34 pm
- Debate prep continues - 12:20 pm
One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility
XENIA — As Nathan Crago looks back on the first year of the Hope Spot, a community center in Xenia designed to help those recovering from an add...
Court interpreters a part of due process
XENIA — For most people, talking under a judge while he or she is conducting a court hearing would be a good way to get kicked out of the courtr...
Police investigating Fairborn homicide
Greene County News ReportFAIRBORN — Fairborn police are investigating a homicide in the 2200 block of Grierson Place.It happened just after 5 a....
New WU president ready to work
By Scott Halaszshalasz@civitasmedia.comWILBERFORCE — Dr. Herman J. Felton Jr., remembers the sage-like advice he was given by Livingstone Colleg...
WSU pulls out of debate
Greene County News ReportFAIRBORN — In a surprise announcement Tuesday afternoon, Wright State University announced it was pulling out as host o...
Clean-shaven Johnson goes for No. 1 at PGA
By Doug FergusonAP Golf WriterSPRINGFIELD, N.J. — Dustin Johnson apparently had high expectations after winning his first major at the U.S. Open...
USA Cycling at crossroads as Rio Olympics approaches
By Dave SkrettaAP Sports WriterKristin Armstrong could win her third straight Olympic gold medal in Rio. The women’s pursuit team is favored to ...
Target leaving IndyCar after 27 seasons with Chip Ganassi
By Jenna FryerAP Auto Racing WriterCHARLOTTE, N.C. — Target will leave IndyCar at the end of this season after 27 years with Chip Ganassi Racing...
Putin slams discrimination as banned athletes join send-off
By Nataliya Vasilyeva and Rob HarrisAssociated PressMOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin hit out at “discrimination” against th...
Carrasco’s rough inning dooms Indians in 4-1 loss
By Tom WithersAP Sports WriterCLEVELAND — Carlos Carrasco needed to be nearly perfect against Stephen Strasburg.One badly flawed inning doomed h...
Bruce homer gives Reds 2-1 win over Giants
By Gideon RubinAssociated PressSAN FRANCISCO — The way the San Francisco Giants are going these days, even a solid outing from their four-time A...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Every April since 1934, golf fans have enjoyed The Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta, Georgia at the Augusta National Golf Club.There is nothing extr...
Rost, Terry wedding
CEDARVILLE — Jason Rost married Codi Terry on June 25, 2016 at Canyon Run Ranch in Pleasant Hill, Ohio.The groom proposed to his bride last yea...
Greene County marriages
Greene County NewsJune 14Luke D. Swaim of Xenia and Lauren M. Wisecup of Jamestown applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Mich...
Try Strawberry Soup for an easy supper
I love being a mother. There’s nothing in the entire world I’d rather do than be a wife to my beloved husband Daniel and be called mother ...
Greene County parks events
Greene County News XENIA — Greene County Parks & Trails will host a variety of upcoming events. For more information or to register for prog...
Many years ago, when I was 7 or 8, my father took me onto the front porch of our modest two-bedroom, pre-World-War-II bungalow on Oak Street in Flint,...
The American dream moved to Canada
By Chuck CollinsWe’re witnessing accelerating advantages for the affluent and compounding disadvantages for everyone else.Does your family aspir...
Trump isn’t the only republican with a woman problem
By Marge BakerConservative policymakers have relentlessly curtailed women’s freedom, security, and autonomy for years.Long before he set his sig...
Farewell, Greene County
My time here at the Xenia Daily Gazette and Greene County News has come to an end, and I felt it was only appropriate to say farewell to the many peop...
A living memorial
By Bill TaylorIt seems to me that we are seeing lots of memorials these days. Some are impromptu displays of flowers or stuffed animals at the scene o...