Local finds more emerald ash borer impacts
Students tour fire department
Issue 21 an investment in schools
Citizens asked for continuing support
- Local finds more emerald ash borer impacts - 8:50 am
- Signage pointing to Enon now posted - 8:49 am
- Campaign helps parents protect teen drivers - 8:48 am
- Turner’s parents vote early - 8:47 am
- Adult Probation agency re-accredited - 8:46 am
- Students tour fire department - 11:06 am
- Issue 21 an investment in schools - 8:35 am updated: 11:01 am.
- Citizens asked for continuing support - 8:35 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Bath Township asks for support - 8:35 am
- Fairborn asked to support its schools - 8:34 am updated: 11:06 am.
- Voters to decide on direct mayoral election - 8:32 am updated: 11:03 am.
- Issue 14 on ballot to expand police services - 8:32 am updated: 11:05 am.
- Contested state candidate races on the ballot - 8:32 am updated: 12:47 pm.
- Levy will help Jefferson Township - 8:32 am
- Additional levy vital for Spring Valley - 8:32 am
- Sugarcreek fire/EMS issue on ballot - 8:32 am updated: 11:02 am.
- Art students ready to share love of craft - 8:30 am
- Cedarville to host election forum - 8:30 am
- AFIT offers graduate programs - 8:29 am
- Organization awards 2 local students - 8:29 am
- Reaching for the moon - 8:29 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:29 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:28 am
- Area Digest - 12:06 pm
- Fairbornites enjoy summer-like weather - 11:15 am
- Bull Riding event coming to Nutter - 11:14 am
- Fairborn to become Scareborn - 11:13 am
- EPD joins crime task force - 11:13 am
- Cedarville hosting drug conference - 11:10 am
- WSU hosting Shakespeare conference - 8:36 am
- FCS highlights graduates - 8:36 am
- FCS gives opportunity to meet teams - 11:27 am
- Locals rally to fulfill cancer victim’s dream - 11:27 am
- WSU researchers presenting at statewide forum - 11:26 am
- Stay safe during deer season - 11:24 am
- Fairborn police reports - 9:15 am
- Schmidt, Jenks join Jamestown practice - 9:12 am
- Community libraries announce schedule - 9:12 am
- ‘As Ohio Goes’ to premier in YS - 10:24 am
- Farm Forum meeting features well maintenance - 10:21 am
- Ballot issues discussed at Meet the Candidates - 10:18 am
- Area Digest - 8:35 am
- Physicians encourage talking about health - 8:35 am updated: 8:36 am.
- WSU student interns with Peace Corps - 8:35 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:34 am
- WPAFB inviting pumpkin chucking - 10:55 am
- Over the rainbow - 10:53 am updated: 10:54 am.
- Annual 5K supports child battling cancer - 10:51 am
- Judge to make decision on assault case - 10:42 am updated: 11:01 am.
- Boonshoft student receives AMA award - 8:49 am updated: 8:35 am.
Fairborn asked to support its schools
Editor’s note: More information about this levy will appear in the coming days in this newspaper.By Whitney Vickerswvickers@civitasmedia.comFAIR...
Voters to decide on direct mayoral election
By Anna DeWineadewine@civitasmedia.comBEAVERCREEK — Beavercreek voters will soon decide how the city will elect its mayor.City council voted una...
Issue 14 on ballot to expand police services
By Anna DeWineadewine@civitasmedia.comBEAVERCREEK TOWNSHIP — Voters will see Issue 14, a 0.9-mill additional continuing levy that would maintain...
Contested state candidate races on the ballot
Greene County NewsGREENE COUNTY — Residents in Greene County will have seven contested races and many uncontested races to vote on during the Ge...
Levy will help Jefferson Township
By Scott Halaszshalasz@civitasmedia.comJEFFERSON TOWNSHIP — Jefferson Township voters are being asked to approve an additional .9 mill, five-yea...
Additional levy vital for Spring Valley
By Scott Halaszshalasz@civitasmedia.comSPRING VALLEY TOWNSHIP — Spring Valley Township is hoping to pass an additional 1-mill levy Nov. 8.If Iss...
Redmon rushes to record
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comFAIRBORN — K.J. Redmon put himself in the record books on Friday night, and the host Fairborn Skyhawks...
Greene County NewsCounty high school action‘Creek VB tops XeniaBEAVERCREEK — The Beavercreek volleyball team advanced in tournament play O...
Buckeyes’ Barrett can add to his Heisman resume at Penn State
By Eric OlsonAP College Football WriterSome things to watch in the Big Ten on Saturday:GAME OF THE WEEKNo. 2 Ohio State at Penn State. The Buckeyes go...
Carroll blanks Valley View
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comXENIA — The rain during Thursday night’s Division II sectional semifinal high school soccer matc...
Greene County NewsCounty college actionWomen soccer match postponedFAIRBORN — The Wright State women’s soccer match against Northern Kentu...
LeBron, Cavs start NBA season in new role as champions
By Tom WithersAP Sports WriterCLEVELAND — LeBron James took one last look over his shoulder at the scoreboard in Oracle Arena just to be sure.It...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Flapper Ball to place guests in 1920s era
Greene County NewsDAYTON — Step back in time to the 1920s, when short haircuts, knee-length dresses, feathers and pearls were the trend while da...
Herald News ReportStudent earns merit scholarshipBEREA — Caleb Shroyer of Bellbrook, a graduate of Bellbrook High School majoring in physics, ea...
The United States of America is the greatest country in the world. If there were one aspect of the history of this nation that every freedom-loving pe...
Devotional: Light has come
“This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does ev...
Photoshop: The answer for imperfect pictures
Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind...
A milestone for America’s culture
Slowly, relentlessly, America’s culture is undergoing profound change. But the transformation mostly is under the radar, hardly noticed.A new st...
Expanding ones knowledge
It seems to me that one of the consequences of writing an opinion column is that folks have the expectation I know about and have an opinion on just a...
Plenty of attention has been paid to scandals, theatrics and leaks this presidential campaign. So let’s, for a moment, give the spotlight to a c...
Letters to the Editor
Fairborn schools worthy of supportEditor:As a former teacher at Fairborn Primary School, I can tell you first hand of the pressing need for a new scho...
The Bickersons revisited
By Cal ThomasNot since George and Martha in the play “Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” or for older readers Don Ameche and Frances Langfor...
Sharing your labor of love
I recently returned from a trip to Ticonderoga, N.Y. where I visited one of the most unlikely attractions for an area rich in American revolutionary h...