Walk-a-thon to fight homelessness
Mistakes costly for Knights
A safe space: Family Violence Prevention Center
State Route 72 road closure scheduled for culvert replacement
Chamber hosts annual banquet
- Greene Optimist Club expands Avenue of Flags - 4:00 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Storybook trail opening rescheduled - 2:00 pm
- Education Digest - 8:37 am
- A safe space: Family Violence Prevention Center - 5:49 pm updated: 8:38 am.
- State Route 72 road closure scheduled for culvert replacement - 2:23 pm
- Fundraiser for veterans set - 12:45 pm
- Chamber hosts annual banquet - 4:45 pm
- Numbers fluctuate for 2016 crime - 4:42 pm updated: 4:45 pm.
- Tasting brings unique variety - 4:42 pm
- Drop off unwanted prescription meds Saturday - 4:41 pm
- Child advocates, artists honored - 4:41 pm
- Flying high - 11:54 am
- 7 to be inducted into FCS Hall of Honor - 4:43 pm
- Future council members get raise - 4:42 pm
- No medical marijuana in Bath - 4:42 pm
- County highlights 2016 achievers - 4:40 pm
- City prioritizes blight removal - 10:49 am
- For the birds - 10:37 am
- Bath citizens concerned about unkept areas - 4:46 pm
- GCCC health team advances to HOSA Nationals - 4:44 pm
- Women’s Hall of fame nominations sought - 1:20 pm
- Post 526 hosting sale - 4:25 pm
- Christmas in Action a source of involvement, pride - 4:25 pm
- Cement company saving pollinators - 4:25 pm updated: 10:44 am.
- Officials: county financially sound - 4:24 pm
Drop off unwanted prescription meds Saturday
GREENE COUNTY — Citizens are reminded to drop off their unwanted prescription drugs 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 29 at four locations.The f...
Child advocates, artists honored
BEAVERCREEK — Child advocates and young artists were honored April 26 at the Blue Ribbon Breakfast, hosted by Greene County Children Services an...
7 to be inducted into FCS Hall of Honor
FAIRBORN — Fairborn City Schools Class of 2017 will enshrine individuals into its Hall of Honor during the 30th-annual induction ceremony.The an...
Future council members get raise
FAIRBORN — Current Fairborn City Council opted to give a raise to future council members at the latest April 17 council meeting.“I think i...
No medical marijuana in Bath
BATH TOWNSHIP ─ Bath Township has joined other municipalities across the State of Ohio by officially banning the growth and sale of medical mari...
Mistakes costly for Knights
XENIA — The plan was to defeat visiting Metro Buckeye Conference powerhouse Dayton Christian on Legacy Christian Academy’s home field. Win...
Beavers defeat FairmontKETTERING — Beavercreek’s boys volleyball team defeated Kettering Fairmont in straight sets 25-15, 25-17, 25-13 on ...
Yellow Jackets earn top seed
PEPPER PIKE — Morgan Arbogast and Lucia Eroshevich tossed complete games and the Lady Jackets clinched the No. 1 seed in next week’s Great...
XENIA — It was a sunny day. There’s two teams that love to play the game of baseball, and each had the day off on their schedule. What do ...
Skyhawks nab tennis winWEST CARROLLTON — It was a long time coming, but the Fairborn boys tennis team finally got its first win since the retire...
Wenzler 2nd at HL Golf Championship
HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Fla. — After tying for first through 54 holes, Wright State senior Ryan Wenzler fell in a two-hole playoff as the Horizon Le...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Local libraries announce April programs
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs Community Libraries will hold a variety of programs for the month of April. Yellow Springs Community Library...
Insect bioconversion drives change in global food supply
YELLOW SPRINGS — A business tucked away at MillWorks in the village of Yellow Springs is making big strides in the effort to drive change in the...
Roundabout to help traffic flow
FAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn is aiming to construct and implement a roundabout intersection in the coming years at Col. Glenn Highway and Kau...
Counselors provided to new students
FAIRBORN — Fairborn City Schools is a next door neighbor to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, sending a number of new students in military famili...
April library programs set
FAIRBORN — Programs for people of all ages are being planned in April at the Fairborn Community Library. The library 3618 Dayton-Xenia Road. Som...
Obamacare is actually working
Question: What do you get when you mix a barrel of fables, a sack of mendacity, and a gross of whoppers – topped with a thick layer of subterfug...
Deer: The value of all
Each one of us, at some point in our lives, experiences a time when we’re uncertain of our own value; not just to others but to ourselves. When ...
Concerned about climate change? Change where you bank!
At the end of April, hundreds of thousands of people will take part in the People’s Climate March in DC and around the country. The march will s...
A tax plan only a one percenter could love
After the failed effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare), the Trump administration has set its sights on its next big project: so-cal...
My autistic child isn’t ‘diseased’
Instead of trying to “cure” autism, we should focus on creating a friendlier, more respectful environment.Finding out that your child is a...
Preventing addiction by stopping overprescribing
Look at your watch. In the next hour, five Americans will die of a drug overdose.I’ve been working on the issue of drug abuse prevention for mor...