Mercurios charged with burglary following Fairborn homicide
HLC reaffirms WSU’s accreditation
Voting open in Greene County Archives contest
MRT continues with road projects
One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility
- One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility - 2:19 pm
- Court interpreters a part of due process - 12:11 pm
- Police investigating Fairborn homicide - 10:02 am
- Voting open in Greene County Archives contest - 12:29 pm
- New WU president ready to work - 10:32 am
- WSU pulls out of debate - 2:25 pm
- U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding - 11:20 am
- Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics - 11:13 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Online radio station has local appeal - 9:32 am
- Routt promoted to fire lieutenant - 5:31 pm
- Deputies asking for help in identifying human remains - 5:12 pm
- Xenia man guilty of false tax claims - 2:42 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- CPD announces debate details - 12:23 pm
- Community provides mixed input on Greene County Land Bank - 4:59 pm
- Beavercreek officers granted third lawsuit delay - 11:02 am
- SpringsFest to start new tradition in YS - 12:48 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:56 am
- The tradition continues - 8:22 am
- Campers build knowledge at Minecraft Camp - 8:22 am
- Summer writing workshop offering A La Cart options - 8:21 am
- Antioch College Village launches pilot - 8:21 am
- Fairborn celebrates Fourth of July - 8:30 am
- Fourth-‘born’ - 8:29 am
- Mall salutes the armed forces - 9:56 am
- Volunteers bring Fourth of July celebrations to life - 10:00 am
- Public Health calling for essays, art - 8:06 am
- Kennedy receives additional sentence - 8:06 am
- Kids learn about outdoor survival - 8:05 am
- Band of Flight selects songwriting winner - 8:05 am
- Fairborn to celebrate Independence Day - 3:50 pm
- Area Digest - 8:24 am
- Several communities to recognize Independence Day - 8:24 am
- Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band to perform - 8:24 am
- Free cooking classes offered - 8:24 am
- NextGen Federal Systems opens Beavercreek office - 6:30 pm
- Fake ID creator sentenced to prison time - 6:18 pm
- Fairborn Area Historical Society hosts walking tour - 1:34 pm
- Debate prep continues - 12:20 pm
- PHOTOS: DeWine ice cream social - 9:56 am
- New UHaul vendor available to serve Fairborn - 8:14 am
- Two die in Yellow Springs crash - 9:59 am
- Greene County auditor warns of tax scams - 8:37 am updated: 10:06 am.
- Let’s get physical - 8:35 am
- Chuck Norris’s son opens film in Beavercreek - 4:23 pm
- Administration changes Fairborn’s logo, brand - 9:12 am
- Torch Run jogs through Greene County - 6:06 pm
- No swimming allowed at park sites - 8:48 am updated: 8:19 am.
Online radio station has local appeal
XENIA — While working on a show for an online radio station a friend of his started in Troy, Todd Hollst had a vision.“It just dawned on m...
Routt promoted to fire lieutenant
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn Fire Department promoted firefighter JR Routt to the lieutenant position Tuesday, July 12.Rout...
Deputies asking for help in identifying human remains
XENIA — The Greene County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying human remains found south of Xenia e...
Xenia man guilty of false tax claims
Xenia Daily GazetteDAYTON — Robert Coates, 37, of Xenia pleaded guilty in federal court Monday to filing false claims for income tax refunds wit...
CPD announces debate details
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The Commission on Presidential Debates has announced the formats for the three presidential and one vice presidenti...
Community provides mixed input on Greene County Land Bank
XENIA — Community members provided mixed input to county officials Tuesday at sessions about the possible establishment of a land bank for Green...
Olympic boxers to fight without headgear, worry about cuts
By Greg BeachamAP Sports WriterCOLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Although Antonio Vargas still thinks about the cut that nearly ended his Olympic dream,...
Norman wins world championship
Staff ReportGrace Norman became the International Triathlon Union’s World Champion, and earned the no. 1 ranking in the world to go along with i...
Scouts nab division crown
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comXENIA — His team had just clinched the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League’s South Division tit...
Local Sports Briefs
SOFTBALLFairborn Adult Summer League Standings(As of July 22)MONDAYRecreation Men’s E League(6:15 p.m.)1. Top Dog (9-0)2. Mr. P’s (5-3)3. ...
Cubs get Aroldis Chapman in trade with Yankees
By Jay CohenAP Sports WriterCHICAGO — The Chicago Cubs acquired hard-throwing reliever Aroldis Chapman in a trade with the New York Yankees on M...
Busch hoping to use big Brickyard weekend for momentum
By Michael MarotAP Sports WriterINDIANAPOLIS — Kyle Busch used his first Brickyard 400 victory as a springboard to his first Sprint Cup title.He...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greene County parks events
Greene County News XENIA — Greene County Parks & Trails will host a variety of upcoming events. For more information or to register for prog...
Carr graduates basic training
Xenia Daily GazetteSAN ANTONIO, Texas — US Air Force Airman Frederick M. Carr Jr. graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Anto...
Jamestown couple to celebrate 50th
JAMESTOWN — Danny and Patty Lyons will be married 50 years Friday, July 22.The couple has one son, Dan, and one daughter, Amy Pratte. They have ...
Malones celebrate 60 years
FAIRBORN — Esther and Arnold Malone of Fairborn were married June 23, 1956 in Waverly, Ohio by Rev. Andrew Workman.The couple celebrated their 6...
By Rosanna BaumanThe first time I met Herman, it was under somewhat somber circumstances, but it was definitely laughter at first sight. It was nearly...
Farewell, Greene County
My time here at the Xenia Daily Gazette and Greene County News has come to an end, and I felt it was only appropriate to say farewell to the many peop...
A living memorial
By Bill TaylorIt seems to me that we are seeing lots of memorials these days. Some are impromptu displays of flowers or stuffed animals at the scene o...
I’ve noticed lately that there aren’t very many positive stories in the newspapers any more.People who shoot each other are featured in ma...
Battle lines are being drawn in the workplace over more than just the thermostat setting.It looks as though the generational shift in employee mindset...
A yellow-brick road for immigrant women
By Le-Marie V.J. ThompsonMaryland could be ground zero for getting immigrant women into the sustainable energy economy.The Wizard of Oz was one of my ...
There’s a growing humorlessness in our nation
By Joshua J. Whitfield“Genuine humor is replete with wisdom,” Mark Twain said. Yet it is wisdom I’m afraid we’ve largely lost,...