Chamber hosts annual banquet
Numbers fluctuate for 2016 crime
Tasting brings unique variety
Drop off unwanted prescription meds Saturday
Child advocates, artists honored
- Chamber hosts annual banquet - 4:45 pm
- Numbers fluctuate for 2016 crime - 4:42 pm updated: 4:45 pm.
- Tasting brings unique variety - 4:42 pm
- Drop off unwanted prescription meds Saturday - 4:41 pm
- Child advocates, artists honored - 4:41 pm
- Flying high - 11:54 am
- 7 to be inducted into FCS Hall of Honor - 4:43 pm
- Future council members get raise - 4:42 pm
- No medical marijuana in Bath - 4:42 pm
- County highlights 2016 achievers - 4:40 pm
- City prioritizes blight removal - 10:49 am
- For the birds - 10:37 am
- Bath citizens concerned about unkept areas - 4:46 pm
- GCCC health team advances to HOSA Nationals - 4:44 pm
- Women’s Hall of fame nominations sought - 1:20 pm
- Post 526 hosting sale - 4:25 pm
- Christmas in Action a source of involvement, pride - 4:25 pm
- Cement company saving pollinators - 4:25 pm updated: 10:44 am.
- Officials: county financially sound - 4:24 pm
- Dunnigan receives postumous award - 4:24 pm
- Helping others comes from the ‘heart’ - 4:24 pm
- Young Eagles’ free airplane rides begin May 27 - 4:23 pm
- Courthouse cooler, greener - 4:40 pm
- Leaders opposing quarry proposal - 4:37 pm
- Earth Day inspiring events in YS - 4:37 pm
County highlights 2016 achievers
GREENE COUNTY — Greene County is overflowing with individuals, organizations and businesses who go above and beyond at the call of duty, and som...
City prioritizes blight removal
Editor’s note: The City of Fairborn proclaimed April 17-April 22 as Community Development Week. Therefore, check this week’s Tuesday-Satur...
For the birds
Barb Slone | Greene County NewsGlen Helen hosted a Raptor Center Earth Day program April 23, inviting locals to bring a blanket and camera to learn ab...
Bath citizens concerned about unkept areas
BATH TOWNSHIP — A contingency of township residents appeared before Bath Township Trustees during the April 19 township meeting to voice their c...
GCCC health team advances to HOSA Nationals
XENIA — The Greene County Career Center team of Makenna Jones of Beavercreek, Valerie Anderson of Beavercreek, Tessa George of Xenia and Chelsea...
Women’s Hall of fame nominations sought
GREENE COUNTY — The Greene County Women’s Hall of Fame is currently seeking nominations. Members of the community are encouraged to submit...
Haller named Tennis Player of the WeekINDIANAPOLIS — Wright State junior Karoline Haller has been selected as the Horizon League Women’s T...
Bucs fend off Pirate rally
XENIA — The host Xenia Buccaneers softball team fell behind upstart West Carrollton early on, exploded for a six-run third inning to grab the le...
‘Hawks win on ‘Creek miscues
BEAVERCREEK — It’s rare that a pitcher can toss a three-hitter and lose a softball game. Beavercreek’s Cierra Chastain did just that...
Fairborn wins over Beavercreek at Fifth Third Field
DAYTON — Fairborn High’s baseball team took on backyard rival Beavercreek, April 24 at Fifth-Third Field, winning 5-3. Will Coleman had a ...
Beavers win Cleveland tri-matchCUYAHOGA FALLS — Beavercreek (11-3) claimed wins over Gahanna Lincoln (25-17, 25-21, 25-20) and host Walsh Jesuit...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Local libraries announce April programs
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs Community Libraries will hold a variety of programs for the month of April. Yellow Springs Community Library...
Insect bioconversion drives change in global food supply
YELLOW SPRINGS — A business tucked away at MillWorks in the village of Yellow Springs is making big strides in the effort to drive change in the...
Roundabout to help traffic flow
FAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn is aiming to construct and implement a roundabout intersection in the coming years at Col. Glenn Highway and Kau...
Counselors provided to new students
FAIRBORN — Fairborn City Schools is a next door neighbor to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, sending a number of new students in military famili...
April library programs set
FAIRBORN — Programs for people of all ages are being planned in April at the Fairborn Community Library. The library 3618 Dayton-Xenia Road. Som...
Heads up: An invasion is coming
It seems to me that folks hereabouts should be forewarned that in a few weeks we will be subjected to what might be called an “invasion.” ...
Nuns take on Wells Fargo
In an insightful song about outlaws, Woody Guthrie wrote this verse: “As through this world I travel / I see lots of funny men / Some’ll r...
What next with North Korea?
There was a moment at Press Secretary Sean Spicer’sWhite House briefing Monday that was significant. Asked by a reporter about North Korea’...
Increasing budget for already massive military
A president with business acumen should understand that throwing more money at an already over-budgeted asset isn’t wise.Yet President Trump rec...
Getting that secure feeling yet?
Millions of Americans are feeling uneasy, disgruntled, and insecure. That message sounded loud and clear throughout our turbulent election year.The Tr...
Remembering R. Hayes Hamilton
XENIA — R. Hayes Hamilton was a Xenia active who became the maitre-d’hotel at the Flanders in Ocean City, N.J. His ability to manage a maj...