- Boonshoft professor receives award - 11:50 am
- Boonshoft researchers study use of marijuana edibles - 11:49 am
- Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water - 11:44 am
- Museum fourth building to open - 4:34 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 2:41 pm
- Arrest made for Greenon threat - 4:38 pm
- SeniorPalooza set for Tuesday - 3:19 pm
- CASA volunteers sworn in - 2:36 pm
- Freezing/canning workshop scheduled - 2:35 pm
- Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU - 2:35 pm
- Two join Enon PD - 2:31 pm
- Museum offering weekly tours - 4:31 pm
- OVI checkpoints set for Thursday - 10:41 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Seven inducted into Fairborn Hall of Honor - 6:19 pm
- Airport closed for improvements - 1:22 pm
- WSU forms presidential search committee - 12:06 pm
- DeWine announces settlement for blind vendor at WPAFB - 12:00 pm
- More housing coming to Fairborn - 5:07 pm
- Women report being touched along bike path in Beavercreek - 1:57 pm updated: 1:58 pm.
- Fairborn police reports - 8:31 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 12:00 pm
- Pedestrian killed crossing Colonel Glenn Highway - 4:36 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:38 am
- Fairborn chamber hosting annual awards banquet - 2:14 pm
- Fairborn up for two awards - 2:13 pm
- Presenters selected for Fairborn schools Hall of Honor event - 2:10 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 8:45 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:45 am
- CSU Chorus welcomes guest conductor - 8:08 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:06 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:06 am
- Area Digest - 12:06 pm
- Circus coming to Enon - 8:10 am
- BBB recognizes three ladies from WSU - 10:41 am updated: 11:09 am.
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:33 am
- WSU introduces nursing program for veterans - 4:56 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:26 am
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:26 am
- Fairborn Police Reports - 8:23 am
- Area Digest - 8:23 am
- WPAFB honors Vietnam War veterans - 8:23 am
- Local non-profits awarded new grants - 8:23 am
- Abuse prevention run scheduled - 8:23 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:22 am
- Speedway taking final steps toward construction - 2:00 pm
- Historical society to dedicate mural - 1:00 pm
- Affordable screenings coming to city - 8:46 am
- MVDC scores big during competition - 8:46 am
- Museum housing student art - 8:46 am
- Armory keeps defenders prepared - 8:46 am
Freezing/canning workshop scheduled
Greene County NewsXENIA — OSU Extension Greene County will host a freezing and canning workshop from 6-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24. The event w...
Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The blast from an improvised explosive device in Iraq cost him his leg and his purpose. Jonathan Herst begged his f...
Museum offering weekly tours
Greene County NewsWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Get a first-hand look at the aircraft restoration process during the Behind the Scenes Tours...
OVI checkpoints set for Thursday
Greene County NewsXENIA — Two OVI checkpoints are scheduled in Greene County Thursday night.The Ohio State Highway Patrol will host a checkpoint...
Seven inducted into Fairborn Hall of Honor
FAIRBORN — Fairborn community members and individuals from both coasts gathered in the Fairborn High School auditorium April 29, as Fairborn Cit...
NFL doctor sends strong response to House concussion report
The Associated PressSEATTLE — The co-chairman of the NFL’s head, neck and spine committee has sent a letter to Congress stressing that he ...
Kershaw 2-hitter helps Dodgers’ tired bullpen
By Beth HarrisAP Sports WriterLOS ANGELES — Clayton Kershaw bailed out the Los Angeles Dodgers’ exhausted bullpen with his third shutout o...
French Open Lookahead: Raonic’s serve could be ‘painful’
By Howard FendrichAP Tennis WriterPARIS — Milos Raonic’s second-round opponent at the French Open knows what he’s in for: a real cha...
Wilson racing in brother’s memory
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comDAYTON — Even though Stefan Wilson has accomplished a lot in motorsports in the United States and in E...
Sweet spot: Indy 500 champions say milk race’s top tradition
By Dave SkrettaAP Sports WriterINDIANAPOLIS — Sam Hornish Jr. remembers every moment from his Indy 500 victory as if they were snapshots in time...
Florence Henderson named grand marshal of Indianapolis 500
The Associated PressINDIANAPOLIS — Actress Florence Henderson will be the grand marshal for the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 next weeke...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gloria serves up schoolhouse rhubarb dessert
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookToday, we as a church had an excellent time together at what we call our “annual school picnic.”For the last ...
Around the Home and Farm
By Jerry MahanIf ever there was a year to work on control of mosquitoes this is the time! With all of the potential diseases carried by these tiny ins...
Gloria attends an auction and serves up Trail Mix Bars
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookFirst, a friendly “hello” to our reader friends who read this column in the Ledger-Independent in Maysville, ...
Xenia Library announces May programs
Greene County NewsXENIA — Xenia Community Library is planning a variety of programs for all ages next month at the librar, 76 E. Market St. To r...
Caesar Creek Marina set to open
By Larry MooreMoore OutdoorsPhase 1 of one of the most talked about projects in southwest Ohio is coming to completion - the Caesar Creek marina. It c...
One of the earliest roads: Bullskin Trace
By Joan BaxterOne of the earliest roads which provided transportation through Greene County was what was known as the Bullskin Trace or Bullskin Trail...
America must renew its infrastructure or face decline
By Jesse JacksonAmerica is literally falling apart. In Flint, children were poisoned in the lead contamination of the water. In Washington, the subway...
Remembering Dr. S. C. Ellis
XENIA — Dr. S.C. Ellis was a founding partner of Medical Service Associates, one of the first group medical practices in the United States. He w...
Detach and de-stress from politics
By Gery DeerDeer in HeadlinesA July 2014 article in The Washington Post included a headline that read, “Politicians are the No. 1 cause of stres...
Trump needs money fast; isn’t that an odd turn?
By Andrew MalcolmIn a strange election cycle of unexpected, unpredictable, often inexplicable events, here’s the latest topper: The richest pres...