A little tea at noon
Fairborn upgrading meter systems
City auctioning auto parts
First class of LCA knights to graduate
Street Fair slated for June 10
- A little tea at noon - 4:35 pm
- Fairborn upgrading meter systems - 4:35 pm
- City auctioning auto parts - 4:35 pm
- First class of LCA knights to graduate - 4:32 pm
- Greene County parks events - 7:00 pm
- A fishy time - 9:00 am
- AUM hosting conflict workshop - 2:00 pm
- New parking and self-storage facility - 12:00 pm
- Street Fair slated for June 10 - 4:05 pm updated: 4:08 pm.
- WSU details proposed 2018 budget - 4:03 pm
- Keepin’ it in the family - 4:02 pm
- Hams impressed with new home - 4:01 pm
- Click It or Ticket campaign launches - 9:53 am
- Robbery suspect arrested - 9:20 am
- Hamvention finds new home at fairgrounds - 8:33 am updated: 9:52 am.
- Ham radio an outlet for vets - 8:32 am
- Safe swimming week May 22-28 - 10:49 am updated: 4:01 pm.
- SRO proud of students - 10:49 am
- Special election results certified - 4:35 pm
- Hamvention a ‘family reunion’ for some - 4:35 pm
- Ham radio operators save the day - 4:34 pm
- Seniors play at Palooza game day - 9:47 am
- Christmas in Action slated for May 20 - 4:46 pm
- WPAFB highlights Police Week - 4:46 pm
- Fairborn Intermediate School students learn how Fairborn government operates - 4:45 pm updated: 9:53 am.
Keepin’ it in the family
XENIA — There’s one potential drawback to sharing a passion for amateur radio with two teenage daughters.“When the girls get on ther...
Hams impressed with new home
XENIA — Ham radio enthusiast Wendy Peitzer is no stranger to Dayton Hamvention, having attended amateur radio’s biggest event many times a...
Click It or Ticket campaign launches
GREENE COUNTY — As summer kicks off and families hit the road for vacations, the Greene County Safe Communities Coalition is reminding motorists...
Robbery suspect arrested
FAIRBORN — Fairborn police with the help of Dayton Police Department were able to arrest robbery suspect Justin Henderson May 18.Henderson, no k...
Hamvention finds new home at fairgrounds
XENIA — The Greene County Fairgrounds is known to many as the home of the Greene County Fair.Pigs and lambs in animal barns, sewing and woodwork...
Friday’s Division I District Track and Field results
DAYTON and HUBER HEIGHTS — How area track and field athletes fared May 19 at the Division I district track and field championships, held at Dayt...
Dragons hosting Heroes NightDAYTON — The Dayton Dragons and the Dayton Development Coalition will hold the first of two Hometown Heroes™ C...
Soggy district track & field championships
Beavercreek senior Matthew Riekens (near) clears an early hurdle in Wednesday’s May 17 preliminary heat of the boys Division I 110-meter hurdles...
WSU cuts swimming & diving program
FAIRBORN — Wright State University announced May 19 that Intercollegiate Athletics will implement cost-cutting measures that will eliminate men&...
Beavers’ season ends in extra innings
CENTERVILLE — The seventh seeded Beavercreek Beavers had No. 1 seed Vandalia Butler on the brink of defeat, only to see the Aviators rally in th...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Confectionately Yours: Comfort food
What do you think of when you hear the phrase ‘comfort food?’I get visions of Sunday afternoon at my Great Aunt Lucille’s house when...
May library programs set
FAIRBORN — Programs for people of all ages are being planned in May at the Fairborn Community Library. The library is located at 1 E. Main Stree...
Church hosting Easter events
FAIRBORN — Fairborn United Methodist Church, 100 North Broad Street in Fairborn, invites everyone in the Fairborn and surrounding areas to come ...
Spice up your green beans
Last week I wrote about my cousin and close friend’s house burning down in a fire. After the fire destroyed their house and most of their belong...
Local libraries announce April programs
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs Community Libraries will hold a variety of programs for the month of April. Yellow Springs Community Library...
Insect bioconversion drives change in global food supply
YELLOW SPRINGS — A business tucked away at MillWorks in the village of Yellow Springs is making big strides in the effort to drive change in the...
OSSO home report for 1907
The administration of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailor’s Orphans’ Home was required to publish a report which was sent to the Governor ...
A president struggling to get on track
I have significant differences with Donald Trump’s political stances, but I want him to enjoy a successful presidency. It’s good for neith...
The coming crisis for the world’s farmers
Remember the climate crisis? It’s still happening. Having a government that resembles a circus, it turns out, hasn’t stopped the clock on ...
Hamvention: Answer man part two
It seems to me that amateur radio operators, or Hams such as will shortly be attending the Hamvention, are largely unnoticed in their home communities...
Hamvention: The answer man
It seems to me that a number of readers through the years I have been doing this column have somehow come to consider me the “answer man”,...
Remembering the insider who blew the whistle on corporate greed
If you work in a corrupt system, you have two basic options.First, you could rationalize away your role in the corruption. If you ever left, you tell ...