Mercurios charged with burglary following Fairborn homicide
HLC reaffirms WSU’s accreditation
Voting open in Greene County Archives contest
MRT continues with road projects
One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility
- Local American Legion Auxiliary brings home awards - 9:00 am
- Camp teaches children about 1800s living - 9:00 am
- WSU grad part of NASA simulation - 9:00 am
- Rosie the Bus coming to Beavercreek - 9:00 am
- One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility - 2:19 pm
- Court interpreters a part of due process - 12:11 pm
- Police investigating Fairborn homicide - 10:02 am
- Voting open in Greene County Archives contest - 12:29 pm
- New WU president ready to work - 10:32 am
- WSU pulls out of debate - 2:25 pm
- U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding - 11:20 am
- Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics - 11:13 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Online radio station has local appeal - 9:32 am
- Routt promoted to fire lieutenant - 5:31 pm
- Deputies asking for help in identifying human remains - 5:12 pm
- Xenia man guilty of false tax claims - 2:42 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- CPD announces debate details - 12:23 pm
- Community provides mixed input on Greene County Land Bank - 4:59 pm
- Beavercreek officers granted third lawsuit delay - 11:02 am
- SpringsFest to start new tradition in YS - 12:48 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:57 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:56 am
- The tradition continues - 8:22 am
- Campers build knowledge at Minecraft Camp - 8:22 am
- Summer writing workshop offering A La Cart options - 8:21 am
- Antioch College Village launches pilot - 8:21 am
- Fairborn celebrates Fourth of July - 8:30 am
- Fourth-‘born’ - 8:29 am
- Mall salutes the armed forces - 9:56 am
- Volunteers bring Fourth of July celebrations to life - 10:00 am
- Public Health calling for essays, art - 8:06 am
- Kennedy receives additional sentence - 8:06 am
- Kids learn about outdoor survival - 8:05 am
- Band of Flight selects songwriting winner - 8:05 am
- Fairborn to celebrate Independence Day - 3:50 pm
- Area Digest - 8:24 am
- Several communities to recognize Independence Day - 8:24 am
- Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band to perform - 8:24 am
- Free cooking classes offered - 8:24 am
- NextGen Federal Systems opens Beavercreek office - 6:30 pm
- Fake ID creator sentenced to prison time - 6:18 pm
- Fairborn Area Historical Society hosts walking tour - 1:34 pm
- Debate prep continues - 12:20 pm
- PHOTOS: DeWine ice cream social - 9:56 am
- New UHaul vendor available to serve Fairborn - 8:14 am
- Two die in Yellow Springs crash - 9:59 am
- Greene County auditor warns of tax scams - 8:37 am updated: 10:06 am.
- Let’s get physical - 8:35 am
WSU pulls out of debate
Greene County News ReportFAIRBORN — In a surprise announcement Tuesday afternoon, Wright State University announced it was pulling out as host o...
U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding
XENIA — The superstreet project for U.S. Route 35 in Beavercreek Township has received a $5 million commitment in state funding.The funding, whi...
Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Five teams of eight individuals competed against each other at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Monday to find ...
RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech
The Ohio delegation to the Republican National Convention received a visit from “Down Under” during its kickoff breakfast Monday.Australia...
Online radio station has local appeal
XENIA — While working on a show for an online radio station a friend of his started in Troy, Todd Hollst had a vision.“It just dawned on m...
Routt promoted to fire lieutenant
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn Fire Department promoted firefighter JR Routt to the lieutenant position Tuesday, July 12.Rout...
Federer to miss rest of season, including Olympics, US Open
By Howard FendrichAP Tennis WriterRoger Federer is sitting out the rest of this season, including the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and U.S. Open, to protec...
Champion Cavs give coach Tyronn Lue contract extension
By Tom WithersAP Sports WriterCLEVELAND — Thrust into an awkward situation in January, Tyronn Lue finished on top in June.On Tuesday, the affabl...
At least 105 Russian athletes banned so far
By James EllingworthAP Sports WriterMOSCOW — At least 105 athletes from the 387-strong Russian Olympic team announced last week have been barred...
Baltusrol is last chance for 2016 major for McIlroy, Spieth
By Doug FergusonAP Golf WriterSPRINGFIELD, N.J. — Rory McIlroy took stock of his game and the shots required at Baltusrol and reached a most log...
Olympic boxers to fight without headgear, worry about cuts
By Greg BeachamAP Sports WriterCOLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Although Antonio Vargas still thinks about the cut that nearly ended his Olympic dream,...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greene County parks events
Greene County News XENIA — Greene County Parks & Trails will host a variety of upcoming events. For more information or to register for prog...
Carr graduates basic training
Xenia Daily GazetteSAN ANTONIO, Texas — US Air Force Airman Frederick M. Carr Jr. graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Anto...
Jamestown couple to celebrate 50th
JAMESTOWN — Danny and Patty Lyons will be married 50 years Friday, July 22.The couple has one son, Dan, and one daughter, Amy Pratte. They have ...
Malones celebrate 60 years
FAIRBORN — Esther and Arnold Malone of Fairborn were married June 23, 1956 in Waverly, Ohio by Rev. Andrew Workman.The couple celebrated their 6...
By Rosanna BaumanThe first time I met Herman, it was under somewhat somber circumstances, but it was definitely laughter at first sight. It was nearly...
Trump isn’t the only republican with a woman problem
By Marge BakerConservative policymakers have relentlessly curtailed women’s freedom, security, and autonomy for years.Long before he set his sig...
Farewell, Greene County
My time here at the Xenia Daily Gazette and Greene County News has come to an end, and I felt it was only appropriate to say farewell to the many peop...
A living memorial
By Bill TaylorIt seems to me that we are seeing lots of memorials these days. Some are impromptu displays of flowers or stuffed animals at the scene o...
I’ve noticed lately that there aren’t very many positive stories in the newspapers any more.People who shoot each other are featured in ma...
Battle lines are being drawn in the workplace over more than just the thermostat setting.It looks as though the generational shift in employee mindset...